Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is offering a free online course on Accounting and Finance. This is a graduate level course which requires an overall understanding of the business environment.
The overall objective of the course is to build financial acumen to make you a successful entrepreneur or manager. You can start this course at any time.
Course At A Glance
University: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore and edx
course: Business Administration
Period: 11 weeks
Session length: 2-4 hours pw
will i get certificate: Yes,
About This Course
This business course helps you to read and understand financial statements to evaluate how business performance is affected by four fundamental drivers of profitability viz., asset management, cost management, leverage management, and tax management. It will also help you to identify areas for improvement.
The third part of the course provides an overview of financial markets to raise capital of different types. You will develop the ability to prepare and evaluate finances for your business plan and manage working capital.
Related course: University of Adelaide Free Online Courses 2021
- Financial statement analysis
- Cost management
- Financial Management
MS Narasimhan: Professor MS Narasimhan teaches courses on Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Investments. His areas of interest include Management Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Capital Markets.
- Graduate level course
- An overall understanding of the business environment is required
How to apply
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)
Image credit to CollegeDegrees360